Monday, March 25, 2013

Still Alive

After yet another prolonged absence from all things LittleMetalMen.com, I make an appearance!

Site News

After over two years of inactivity, I have recently begun building a new Content Management System (CMS) for the site. This new CMS, as well as the eventual public facing site, is being built using a MVC framework. This should result in a more user-friendly (not to mention webmaster friendly)  experience once the site gets updated and unveiled. I'm not going to put a date on the unveiling at this point, as doing so in the past has had a tendency to bite me in the butt.

I will say that the bulk of the CMS is, for all intents and purposes, is completed. Just a few more things to add, which I hope will result in more content appearing on the site.

Painting News

Back in January I completed my first miniature in the better part of four years. Inspiration returned in the form of a model representing my character in a Pathfinder RPG campaign. The figure in question is Marius Burrowell from Reaper Miniatures. Once I dig the camera out I'll post a photo.

Over the past couple of weeks I've begun working on some Norman archers from Battlestandard Miniatures. These are miniatures I purchased eight years ago at Historicon and am just getting the motivation to work on! Isn't that pathetic?!?

These Normans will initially see action using the SAGA rules from Gripping Beast before eventually being used in Scarab's War & Conquest game, and possibly other historical rulesets.

Once the archers are completed crossbowmen, infantry, and mounted & dismounted knights await. A good number of these are also Battlestandard sculpts, but I will also be adding some of the Conquest Games plastic Normans into the mix.

That's all for now. Once I relearn how to use my camera I'll post some photos.

No comments: